Beyond Your At Home Skin Care Routine
Here at California Skin Institute we work very hard to help each patient develop a personalized skin care routine.* Using the right tools and products on a daily basis can keep your skin healthy and slow the aging process.* However, even a regular skin care routine may need to be supplemented with professional skin treatments for an added boost, and many of our patients have benefited from regular facial treatments that complement their daily routine.* Such monthly treatments can be especially beneficial for at-risk individuals; those who are prone to breakouts and patients with aging skin concerns.* Let’s take a closer look at some of these treatment options.*
Though exfoliation is important for everyone, it can be especially beneficial for individuals suffering from acne or patients with mature skin.*
When it comes to acne prone skin, exfoliation can remove dead cells and debris that would otherwise clog pores.* Further, chemical exfoliation can break down pore plugs, thereby reducing breakouts.*
Mature skin can benefit from exfoliation because the skin shedding process becomes less efficient as we get older.* This can exacerbate signs of aging, like wrinkles and hyperpigmentation, and can lead to irregular skin texture and a dull appearance.* Unfortunately, even an excellent at-home skin care routine may not be enough to address these concerns, and the patient may need to undergo exfoliation treatments to give their skin an added boost.*
Here at California Skin Institute we offer several types of exfoliation treatments:
- Chemical Peels: The expert providers at California Skin Institute can utilize a number of peeling procedures, including the glycolic acid peel and the TCA peel.* The former is gentler and requires almost no recovery time.* The TCA peel, however, is typically used in situations where a more aggressive approach is needed.* Though it requires a longer recovery time, the TCA peel can provide dramatic improvements after just one treatment.*
- Acne Extractions: This set of treatments is aimed specifically at acne sufferers.* Through a professional extraction, pores can be manually cleansed to help the skin heal and reduce instances of future breakouts.*
- DermaSweep: This microdermabrasion device has become quite popular with California Skin Institute patients.* One of the big advantages of DermaSweep is that it relies on tiny bristles to scrape off dead skin cells.* Because crystals are not used, your provider can use DermaSweep on more sensitive areas and can even treat skin close to the eyes.* Further, this device can be switched into infusion mode to allow for deep delivery of skin healing serums.*
These are just some of the exfoliation treatments we can use to boost your skin cell turnover.* When you visit us for a consultation, one of our expert providers will help you design a customized treatment plan that addresses your unique skin care needs.*
Regular Facial Treatments
In addition to exfoliation treatments, California Skin Institute providers can administer a number of facial treatments that boost moisture and infuse the skin with nutrients.* This is especially important for patients with mature skin, as the natural aging process causes the moisture barrier to deteriorate.*
Skin Treatment Devices
Though exfoliation treatments can be a good option for improving the shedding of dead skin cells, such procedures may not be enough to address signs of aging and skin damage.* In such cases, your California Skin Institute provider may suggest treatments with a variety of professional devices, like the Clear & Brilliant laser, IPL treatments, and laser resurfacing treatments.*
- Clear & Brilliant Laser: This device can be a good choice for patients new to laser treatments, as it’s relatively mild and requires little down time.* The Clear & Brilliant laser is non-ablative, meaning that it doesn’t vaporize skin cells.* Instead, it improves the skin’s appearance by heating up small structures within the skin to cause mild damage.* As the body repairs itself, more collagen grows in the area, thus leading to a skin tightening effect and improved texture.*
- Intense Pulsed Light: IPL treatments allow your California Skin Institute provider to target a variety of issues at once.* This device relies on filtered light emissions to heat up targeted skin structures to boost collagen production and reduce hyperpigmentation.*
- Laser Skin Resurfacing: When a patient is struggling with severe wrinkles and/or hyperpigmentation, our providers can administer laser skin resurfacing treatments.* These procedures typically utilize a device like the Fraxel laser, which produces improvement by targeting a portion of skin cells in the treatment area.* It’s an aggressive treatment that is meant to provide dramatic outcomes, but also requires more down time after treatment.*
Do You Have a Good Skin Care Routine?
If you’d like to build a comprehensive skin care routine, we can help!* We’ve helped thousands of patients achieve their skin car goals through personalized, one-on-one consultations.* To schedule your appointment, please call a California Skin Institute practice near you, or schedule online now!
*Individual results may vary and are not guaranteed.