DermaSweep – Are You Red Carpet Ready?
February is a time of year filled with award ceremonies and lots of celebrity news. With the Oscars, Grammy Awards, and Directors Guild of America awards, there won’t be a shortage of celebrity style and questions like “who are you wearing tonight?”
But with all the cameras and bright lights, one thing is for certain; movie stars and celebrities will be working hard to ensure their skin is in tip top shape in time for these events.
One treatment used by some celebrities to look their best on the red carpet is DermaSweep, which is a special treatment that removes dead skin cells, and can even infuse the skin with powerful anti-aging serums!* Let’s take a closer look at how DermaSweep works and why it’s so popular!*
DermaSweep is an exfoliation technology that is designed to physically dislodge dead cells from the skin’s surface.* This gives the skin a more glowing, youthful appearance, stimulates blood flow and oxygenation, and reduces the appearance of wrinkles.*
DermaSweep isn’t the same as traditional microdermabrasion.* With traditional dermabrasion, an aesthetician will deliver a burst of crystals to the surface of the skin, to dislodge dead cells.* It’s a wonderful procedure, but the use of crystals makes it difficult to perform traditional microdermabrasion around the eyes, and the aesthetician is limited in adjusting the intensity of treatment.*
But DermaSweep is quite different from traditional microdermabrasion in several ways. Here are just some highlights of this treatment:
- Micro Bristles: Instead of using crystals, DermaSweep relies on small bristles that gently scrub the skin.* This process provides thorough exfoliation by sloughing off dead cells and stimulating blood flow to the area.* Further, because there are no crystals involved, your California Skin Institute aesthetician can administer the treatment to more delicate areas, like the skin around the eyes.*
- Interchangeable Attachments: A big benefit of DermaSweep is the ability to use different attachments, based on the needs of your skin.* Your California Skin Institute aesthetician can use a more coarse attachment for rough skin, while using a gentler attachment for more sensitive areas.*
- Clean Pores: DermaSweep relies on a mild suctioning device that is built into the hand applicator.* The gentle vacuuming action is a very useful feature, as it immediately pulls away dead skin cells after they are brushed off and prevents the cells from clogging pores.*
- Improved Blood Flow: Another benefit of DermaSweep is the improved blood flow to the treatment site.* More blood flow to skin and underlying tissues provides more nutrients and oxygenation to the area, which in turn boosts skin health and collagen production.*
Another reason why DermaSweep treatments are so popular is the ability to perform infusions after the exfoliation treatment.* This combination can be very helpful for skin health, because exfoliation removes dead skin cells and the infusion process helps the serums penetrate more deeply.*
Further, the infusions can be tailored to address specific problems like wrinkles, lack of hydration, hyperpigmentation, and loss of skin elasticity.* Some of the skin infusions performed by California Skin Institute include*:
- Glycolic Acid: To help patients address hyperpigmentation or acne scars, a glycolic acid serum can be infused into the skin after the DermaSweep exfoliation.* This serum can further stimulate exfoliation, reduction in the appearance of scars, and can improve pore health.*
- Hyaluronic Acid: Another popular DermaSweep infusion includes hyaluronic acid, to moisturize the skin and boost hydration.* Hyaluronic acid can hold many times its weight in moisture, and provides rich hydration when infused into the skin.*
- Anti Aging: To further reduce the appearance of wrinkles and hyperpigmentation, California Skin Institute aestheticians can infuse a number of anti aging serums that penetrate deeply, for enhanced effect.*
Take the First Step
Luckily, you don’t have to be a celebrity to get a five star DermaSweep treatment from California Skin Institute!* Our aestheticians will take the time to understand your needs, and will develop a customized DermaSweep exfoliation and infusion plan to help you reach your goals!*
To learn more about DermaSweep, call a California Skin Institute practice near you, or simply fill out the Contact Form below to schedule your consultation!
*Individual results may vary and are not guaranteed.