Limitations of Injectables
California Skin Institute providers are experts when it comes to administering injectables treatments in a way that accentuates a patient’s natural beauty.* Treatments like Botox, Juvederm, Sculptra, and other injectables, can produce dramatic outcomes when used by an expert who understands the nuance of facial structure.* However, though injectables can dramatically reduce wrinkles and improve contour through added volume, these treatments unfortunately have limitations.* When wrinkles and sagging skin have become too severe for injectables to have a visible effect, California Skin Institute providers can administer more aggressive forms of treatment using both minimally-invasive and surgical techniques.*
Minimally Invasive Treatments
When a patient is struggling with deep facial wrinkles and severe loss of skin elasticity, California Skin Institute providers can use a number of treatments either on a standalone basis, or in combination with injectables.* Such treatments may involve lasers, light therapy, and aesthetic treatments.*
- Laser Skin Care: For patients who need an added boost to their injectable treatments, our providers may use a number of lasers and other devices to further reduce wrinkles and sagging skin.* By stimulating collagen production the skin can be further tightened, for enhanced outcomes.* In addition, the appearance of wrinkles can be diminished and overall skin texture improved.* Additionally, laser skin care treatments can eliminate a number of hyperpigmentation issues and even cosmetic vascular problems, like spider veins on the face.*
- Aesthetic Treatments: Patients experiencing sagging skin and deep wrinkles may also benefit from a variety of treatments administered by our expert Aestheticians.* For example, chemical peels can improve skin texture, face masks can deliver deep moisture and antioxidants, while microdermabrasion and exfoliation treatments are highly effective at creating smoother skin and diminishing wrinkles.*
When is Plastic Surgery a Viable Option?
At a certain point, injectables may no longer be enough to visibly reduce sagging skin and wrinkles, even when combined with other treatments.* Further, some issues are simply not treatable with injectables due to the biological causes of the problem.* In such situations, plastic surgery may be a viable, long term solution for addressing these issues.*
- Jowls: As we age, our skin loses elasticity and can no longer withstand the pull of gravity with the same resiliency. In addition, the constant pull of gravity slowly causes some of the facial fat to move to the lower part of the face. The combined effects of these two processes lead to the development of jowls. Unfortunately, injectables may not produce effective improvements in this condition after a certain point in time, when the problem has become more advanced.* To treat jowls, California Skin Institute providers can use surgical procedures, like neck liposuction, or laser-assisted liposuction with technology like Sidelaze.*
- Deep Facial Wrinkles: Although injectables are typically very effective for mild to moderate facial lines, deep wrinkles may not respond with dramatic improvement.* This happens when the skin loses too much elasticity, to the point where the injectables simply cannot tighten the skin enough and the wrinkle remains prominent.* In such situations, a face lift may be a viable option to create dramatic improvements in appearance that will last for several years.* Such improvements can be further maintained with injectables, after you have fully recovered from the surgery.*
- Neck Lift and Liposuction: California Skin Institute was one of the first practices in the country to offer Kybella, an injectable treatment for a double chin, which is minimally-invasive and requires no down time.* However, Kybella only treats fat below the chin, and many age-related issues of the neck cannot effectively be addressed with injectables.* For example, sagging skin on the neck and vertical muscle bands cannot be effectively treated with injectables, but can be drastically diminished and repaired with neck lift surgery.*
Although plastic surgery does require down time, and carries common risks associated with any surgical procedure, these treatments can provide significant improvements in appearance that will last for many years.* California Skin Institute surgeons are highly experienced, and work diligently to provide you with excellent aesthetic outcomes, while minimizing discomfort and down time.*
Scheduling Your Appointment
The best way to learn about your treatment options is to schedule a consultation with one of our expert providers.* You will have an opportunity to discuss your specific concerns in detail, ask questions, and learn about how we can custom-tailor treatment options to your unique needs.*
To schedule your consultation, please call a California Skin Institute practice near you, or fill out the Contact Form, below!
*Individual results may vary and are not guaranteed.