Many patients who visit California Skin Institute for facial rejuvenation treatments are often also concerned with the appearance of their neck. These are valid concerns because the neck doesn’t just figure into your overall appearance, but directly interplays with the face to create contour and definition. California Skin Institute’s dermatologic surgeons and plastic surgeons understand this nuanced relationship between the neck and face very well, and offer a number of treatments to address specific age-related problems in the neck.*
The neck is a very under-rated part of the body when it comes to skin care. Here at California Skin Institute we see many patients who visit us to correct a variety of problems, including:*
- Sagging Skin: You are constantly bombarded with messages about facial care and the importance of moisturizing facial skin. The neck, however, receives a lot less attention from the media when it comes to developing a solid anti aging skin care plan. This is one of the reasons why so many individuals develop sagging skin and severe wrinkles on the neck. The lack of moisturizing and lack of regular, professional skin treatments can cause the skin on the neck to age much more rapidly than the skin on the face. This problem can be further exacerbated by severe weight gain and loss, which causes the skin to stretch.
- Neck Bands: These bands are vertical lines that run from the bottom of the jaw to the top of the chest. These develop from the repeated use of the platysma muscles in the neck, which causes the muscle edges to become more prominent.
- Neck Fat: Another concern expressed by many California Skin Institute patients includes the pockets of fat that can accumulate in the neck and under the chin. These can be especially difficult to target with diet and exercise, as heredity can play an important role in how these develop.
Neck Rejuvenation Treatments
To help our patients’ outward appearance match how young they feel inside, California Skin Institute’s dermatologic and plastic surgeons can use a number of surgical and non-surgical techniques, depending on your circumstances.*
- Neck Liposuction: This local anesthesia technique can be used to remove stubborn, difficult-to-target pockets of fat that have accumulated in the neck.* During the procedure, a thin cannula is inserted under the skin through a tiny incision.* The fat is then suctioned away thru the cannula, as it is moved under the skin. Neck liposuction is a very effective procedure, without significant downtime.* Scarring is virtually non-existent because the incision is so small, and any signs of the incision fade over time.*
- Neck Lift: California Skin Institute’s surgeons can administer a neck lift in order to remove sagging skin and address the appearance of vertical neck bands.* During this procedure, the muscles in the neck are tightened to remove the vertical lines, reduce excess skin and create a smoother appearance in the neck.* Often, a neck lift can be combined with neck liposuction for more pronounced outcomes.*
- Submentoplasty: This local anesthesia technique utilizes a small incision below the chin to tighten the neck bands.* Typically performed with neck liposuction, this technique sharpens the jaw and neckline to create a more youthful neck. This procedure is also typically performed during a facelift.*
- Sizelaze Neck Lift: This local anesthesia neck procedure is added to neck liposuction to enhance fat removal and stimulate skin tightening by heating.* This technique is ideal for men and women who want the best possible minimally invasive technique as an alternative to a facelift.*
- Kybella Injections: For patients who are only concerned about a double chin, our dermatologic surgeons and plastic surgeons may suggest a revolutionary injectable treatment called Kybella.* This injectable treatment can reduce the appearance of a double chin and give the neck more contour in several treatments (depending on the size of the double chin).* Kybella works by targeting the fat cells in the area, so the outcomes may be long lasting.* California Skin Institute is proud to be one of the first practices in the country to offer this treatment.* Dr. Greg Morganroth is a leading expert and national trainer for this revolutionary treatment.*
- Laser treatments: California Skin Institute providers can use lasers to reduce neck wrinkles, redness, brown pigmentation, and to improve skin texture.* A youthful neck consists of a nice contour and rejuvenated color and texture.*
- Thermage: Depending on your specific situation, your California Skin Institute provider may suggest treatments with Thermage to tighten sagging skin on the neck.* This treatment uses radiofrequency waves to stimulate collagen production, which tightens the skin and makes it more resilient.*
- Ultherapy: Another non-surgical treatment for sagging skin around the neck is Ultherapy.* Like Thermage, this treatment option also stimulates collagen production in order to increase skin elasticity.* However, Ultherapy does not use radiofrequency waves, but instead relies on ultrasound technology to achieve this effect.*
Speak with an Expert
To achieve the best outcomes for your neck treatment, it is vital to work with an experienced provider who considers your unique aesthetic goals and concerns carefully, taking time to understand the current state of your skin and the muscle structures underneath.*
If you’d like to learn more about neck treatments, call a California Skin Institute practice near you, or schedule a consultation by filling out the Contact Form below!
*Individual results may vary and are not guaranteed.