Smooth Out Cellulite for a Beach-Ready Body
Ever feel self-conscious about the texture of your rear view? You’re far from alone! An estimated 95% of women have cellulite. The widespread desire to get rid of cellulite has given rise to copious research on how to defeat the lumpy stuff.
Experts generally agree that your optimal strategy should not only entail anti-cellulite lifestyle changes, but also take advantage of the latest advances in bump-busting science. For instance, if it’s your booty and thigh area you want to smooth, you could opt for the new, groundbreaking injectable, QWO.
The best way to launch your smooth-body offensive is to understand cellulite, then devise your plan of attack with an experienced professional.
Know Your Enemy: What Is Cellulite?
Cellulite is a type of subcutaneous fat—fat beneath the skin—typically on the abdomen, buttocks and thighs. It normally makes its debut during puberty and is caused by a combination of factors, including hormones, genetics and lifestyle. Cellulite is also known as: adiposis edematosa, dermopanniculosis deformans, status protrusus cutis and gynoid lipodystrophy.
Cellulite’s signature bumps and ripples have to do with fibrous bands (septae) that connect skin to underlying muscle. When excess fat or water accumulates in the space between skin and muscle, it pushes up against the skin as the septae pull down, causing puckering and lumps. Over time, this appearance is further exacerbated as the bands become more inflexible, supporting muscles weaken, and skin coverage thins or slackens.
8 Lifestyle Changes to Combat Cellulite
Conveniently, lifestyle practices that help reduce the appearance of cellulite also happen to deliver countless positive “side-effect” benefits to your general health, beauty and well being.
- Drop some fat. Add some muscle. Less fat means less stuff to dimple. More muscle better supports skin, and promotes fat loss.
- Eat a healthy diet. Junk-food toxins add to bumpiness. Clean, nutritious foods supply antioxidants, amino acids and other skin strengtheners.
- Shake the salt habit. Too much salt dehydrates your skin’s outer layer, while causing water retention between muscles and skin. This means thinner coverage over bigger lumps.
- Hydrate. Water flushes toxins from your system, enables calories to burn properly, and keeps your body—ironically—from retaining excess water.
- Let yourself flow. Boost circulation with aerobic exercise, professional massages and exfoliation. Avoid impediments like tight clothing or sitting too long.
- Chill out. Manage your stress load and get enough sleep to keep down levels of hormones that contribute to cellulite formation. Meditation anyone?
- Try a sunless tan. Avoid sun damage, which can weaken skin. If it’s a tan you crave, try a sunless product.
- Don’t smoke. It constricts blood vessels, which impedes oxygen delivery. It also infuses your body with toxins and damages connective tissue.
Making these practices a regular part of your life can improve the appearance of cellulite, even impressively so. Unfortunately, however, they will not entirely eliminate it, so women can also turn to the latest in skin-smoothing technology.
QWO: The Newest Way to Smooth Your Booty
If you’d like to take your bottom from oranges to apples, QWO is for you. It keeps your curves intact while focusing on ironing out what you’ve got. All it takes is a total of about 30 minutes of treatment time, and you should start seeing results in about 10 weeks.
The first and only FDA-approved injectable treatment for cellulite of the buttocks, QWO is composed of enzymes called collagenases. These work to redistribute fat cells, stimulate new collagen growth, and weaken the septae that pull on your skin from underneath. The result is diminished rippling and dimpling, for a more swimsuit-ready smoothness.
Only a limited number of medical practices in California are currently authorized to administer QWO, so be sure to reserve your appointment.
Cellulaze to Flatten Out Cellulite
Liposuction is a surgical procedure that can soften the lumpy appearance of cellulite by suctioning fat cells away. Cellulaze takes lipo further, specifically targeting cellulite. Especially effective on the legs, this laser treatment smooths cellulite using three different approaches at the structural level.
First, it employs a SideLight laser to break down and liquefy pockets of fat, which is then easily suctioned out. Second, by performing subcision, the laser releases the fibrous bands that pull at the underside of your skin, diminishing surface puckering and bumpiness. Third, Cellulaze stimulates new collagen growth and improves skin elasticity, for thicker, tighter fat coverage.
All this happens in a single outpatient session and requires only local anesthesia.
Bye Bye, Cellulite
Would you be happier with your body if you could just lose the cellulite? Schedule your appointment with a board-certified physician at California Skin Institute. Together, you can design the best treatment plan for your goals and body.
Individual results may vary and are not guaranteed.